What do we offer you?
Income Tax Return
- Individuals tax return (simple and complex returns)
- Small business tax returns for all fields & industries
- Property Investor returns including covering all aspects of negative gearing
- Assistance with tax office negotiations/discussions/interpretations of tax law
- Assistance with tax office rulings
- Assistance with tax audit process
- Assistance with tax office queries
- Property Developers
- Primary Producers
Personal & Corporate Financial Planning is a key service provided by Tax Matters & Business Affairs via its association with Aperio Financial Services.
The specific aim of our financial planning process is to protect, maximise and grow the wealth of our clients.
We have the best superannuation advisors in Australia and ensure our Melbourne based accountants give you everything you need to make the best decisions for you and your business.
Contact us for more information about the financial planning services.
Via our arrangement with Australian Mortgage Managers Pty Ltd we provide holistic financial solution. Experts in the area of mortgage & business finance, Australian Mortgage Managers Pty Ltd are an accredited finance provider in the areas of:
- Home Loan Purchase/Refinance Funding
- Line of Credit
- Mortgage Reduction Programs (rapid elimination of non tax deductible home loan debt in order to make way for tax deductible investment debt)
- Invoice Finance Facilities
- Motor Vehicle/Equipment funding solutions
- General finance facilities
For any of the services including income tax returns, tax consultation, financial planning or any other, please contact us an we will get back to you with a personalised solution.
Business Reconstruction & Corporate Advisory
Businesses facing financial difficulty and other setbacks often do so for complex reasons but as often do so for simple reasons. Business owners often are so involved with the day to day operation that they lose sight of the significance of trying to see their business from the outside in. We encourage all of our self-employed clients to attend our office for yearly “BUSINESS HEALTH CHECKS”. Clients have found this service very helpful to confirm that they are on the right track.
In the event that it is necessary, voluntary administration services, liquidations, and bankruptcy services are available. We are able to provide assistance with business valuations, sale of business, capital raising, and restructuring.
Finding an accountant you can rely on is one of the most important tasks facing all business owners. Knowing who to trust for objective advice about your business or business idea is a dilemma faced often
Taxmatters and Business Affairs offer a Business Advisory Service designed to assist both start-ups and established businesses.
We spend time with you. Taxmatters and business affairs initially provide a complimentary consultation for you where we discuss where your business is and where you want it to be. We then propose solutions to assist your business to move forward
The solution is designed according to the size and demands of your business.
- Assistance with bank and creditor negotiations to help establish credit worthiness
- Old debt negotiation
- New debt negotiation
- Access to expert advisers in the areas of taxation, accounting, business planning, budgeting, business valuations and very importantly cash flow.
- Access to invoice finance specialists
Setup a Business
When starting a business there are many factors one needs to consider. At Taxmatters we assist and guide you through the process.
We will turn your skill, your talent, your product, your profession or perhaps simply an idea into a new business. Before you take the leap into a new venture, you want to surround yourself with the right team.
With Taxmatter’s Accountants in your corner, you receive personal access to qualified Accountants and Advisors who can guide you on this journey and provide the tools to facilitate your success.
We work seamlessly as part of your team. We are committed to growing your business as you are; your success is our success too.
- Advice on the most suitable way to structure your business – Sole Trader, Partnership, Trust, Private Company or some combination
- Advice on tax minimisation, asset protection and ownership
- Organise and establish the required structure and registrations – ABN, TFN, Business name registration Work cover insurance Superstream registration
- Registration requirements and thresholds
- When must you register versus when it is beneficial to be registered
- Requirements for preparing and submitting your Business Activity Statements
- Record keeping requirements
- Assistant and advice regarding accounting software and the product suitable for your business
Provide advice about the different tax consequences for the structure of your business and how this will specifically impact you as a business and an individual
- How best to organize your personal income tax obligations now that you own a business
- Explain business related deductions in key areas such as motor vehicles, equipment, operating expenses, insurances, working from home, entertainment, business related travel, education, training and more
- How the ATO’s compliance ‘hot spots’ and benchmarking impact your business.
- Check all Tax Lodged against the above benchmarks with our latest tax software
- How your personal obligations for superannuation change when you are self-employed
- Your legal obligations to your employees and contractors
- Provide advice re employing staff or contract labourLegal differences and obligations between staff and contractors
- Explain compulsory work cover and workers compensation policies
- Your personal obligations for superannuation and PAYG withholding tax for your employees
Compliant Record Keeping
- Recommend systems to keep track of your income and expenses (eg accounting systems such as MYOB, Xero , Reckon. Wave and other software systems.
- Establish record keeping systems – on premise, offsite, in the cloud
- Offer specialist staff to assist with initial software setup and ongoing support
Taxmatters offer a free initial business startup consultation
Industry Specific Tax Matters – Aviation
Pilots, Flight Attendants, Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers, Aircraft Maintenance Engineers, Flying Schools, Aircraft Charter Operators and Regular Public Transport Operators have sought tax advice on various aspects of tax law that applies to their specific aviation activity. We have successfully obtained specific tax rulings.
Performance, Accountability and Reporting
- An independent view on your business results and guidance on how it is performing
- Financial analysis of profitability, margins, benchmarking and other measurement tools
- Monthly/Quarterly meetings for business advice
- Monthly/Quarterly financial and performance reviews
- Assisting with goal setting and project implementation strategies
Cash flows and budgeting
- Provide solutions to rectify short term cash flow problems and suggestions for improvement of debtor and creditor management
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Detailed analysis of costs and advice on increasing profitability
- Understanding key drivers, costs and overheads of the business for better outcomes
- Work with you to estimate your future tax position to ensure you are keeping necessary monies aside
- Advise on ways to minimise your tax obligations
- Provide business valuations for the purposes of family law disputes, business restructures, part sales or purchases of businesses and succession planning
- Determine the correct business structure (Company, Trust, Sole Trader or Partnership) for your business
- Restructure your business to minimise risk and protect personal assets
Business Purchase Advice
- Review Section 52 statement or financials, Assist with determining the viability of the business
- Advise on financing options